wiki:WorkingGrid/Meeting/May06

Version 2 (modified by mggr, 13 years ago) (diff)

network fixed ;)

Meeting notes: 06 May 2006

Present: Sue, Dom, Fabio, Siva, Mike, Peter.

Agenda items

MOLES & CSML

Status of MOLES and CSML population

BADC

  • MOLES: still waiting on internal catalogue population
  • CSML: 1/3 of COAPEC done (ticket:48), will probably do sample sets for ERA40 (ticket:49) and ACSOE (ticket:50). Dome noted data quality issues.

NOCS

  • Helen is doing the population and wasn't present to report. Fabio believes it's still to be done. NOCS is also still waiting on OCCAM data from BODC.

BODC

  • Siva nearly done on alpha CSML tickets (ticket:51 & ticket:52).
  • CSML manually generated, just needs to create Stub_B's and DIFs.
  • Some delays with eXist due to changing guest pw and effects of this on the XQueries.

PML

  • Produced level3 sample CSML for AVHRR, will do the other sensors shortly (ticket:53)
  • Will make sure we have matching MOLES for this CSML by Alpha.

Other metadata issues

  • Sue checking if the new GCMD namespace is suitable to recomment for use by DPs (and later provide guidelines), ticket:227
  • MOLES->DIF transformation (ticket:281)
    • Siva currently using a jar Kev gave him that converts directly from MOLES to DIF
    • Sue to check with Kev and Roy about whether we can produce Stub-Bs, and whether we still need to (XSL update)
  • Examples to be provided for security in MOLES/CSML records

Status of discovery portal

  • Currently automatically harvesting BODC and PML
    • PML changed to a new webserver, need to check it's working (it wasn't, is now)
    • NOCS are exporting OAI on some static records, going to add to discovery
  • No deletion progress, partly due to BADC eXist getting hacked
    • reinstalled old eXist version (new has changed webservices which may kill discovery portal, therefore will upgrade post-alpha)
  • Sue reported various successful harvests from other groups (collaboration), but isn't importing into discovery yet due to issues with the numbers of files

No browse update (Bryan away).

Status of security integration

PML have a more working security installation following some help from Phil (ticket:212) - session manager working and tested. Now need to do the role mapping module.

NOCS have begun tying into local authorisation - can allow a local user to access data with NDG security.

Reviewed Grid-V03.5 objective ("Demonstrate a successful role mapping (get an attribute certificate)")

  • BODC is ready to go on this and Phil has confirmed it works internally in BADC, but we're still blocked by ticket:41 (Cross Domain Cookies)

Discussion points

Post-alpha forward planning

Noted that the TID stops shortly after alpha. WG team suggests meeting after alpha to review progress and define likely tasks. Mike to look over other TIDs and try and tie them into the WG plan, show to the WG team, then hand to the project board for review.

Defining alpha

Will we meet objective Grid-V03.2? ("sites providing A and B data, listed and working on portal").

  • WG team defined this objective as:
  1. some sites (probably BODC) providing linked MOLES and CSML
  2. discovery portal harvesting DIFs and allowing browse through to MOLES
  3. MOLES browse allowing "data access" (ie. returning CSML fragments, not live data)
  4. Above done with security if possible
  • The objective is a demo, not a release

Role of WG team in integration

Should WG team steer this (but not actually do with the integration)?

  • The team felt someone needs to take on integration role to move things along
  • Project board to discuss

Issues

  • Collect schedule of planned DP upgrades (ticket:242)
    • NOCS to move server in ~2 months
    • BODC to move off livglue in a few months
  • Issue with having CSML with matching MOLES for purposes of a discovery->CSML demo.
    • BODC can provide this
    • Sue, Dom, Bryan, Siva to get together to work out a demo
  • Defining scope of data ingestion (ticket:127)
    • DS meeting tomorrow to update (see meeting notes)
    • Some discussion on the plugin i/o layer for reading DP data format
  • Do we need to wait for MOLES 1.2.5? (esp. re: datagranules)
    • 1.2.5 seems to be just NumSim currently, should have granules?
    • Probably no mandatory changes, so not a blocker for alpha?

Date for next meeting

Proposed 30th June or 29th, checking with Bryan.

Actions

  • DPs to update metadata population tickets with progress.
  • (Fabio, Siva) Raise task tickets for DP upgrades for planning/communication purposes.
  • Sue to test GCMD namespace (ticket:227)
  • Sue checking with Kev about ticket:281 (Stub-B XSL update)
  • Sue to ask Kev about granules in MOLES 1.2.5 (including raising tickets if needed)
  • Sue to add NOCS OAI harvesting
  • Sue, Dom, Bryan, Siva to get together to work out a demo of discovery->MOLES->CSML, which is
  • Dom adding a ticket regarding CSML updates and examples including security (done, ticket:319)
  • Mike to ensure PML have matching MOLES records for their sample CSML
  • Mike to check with Phil on ticket:41
  • Mike to confirm date for next meeting
  • Mike to add check for DP upgrades to regular WG agenda
  • Mike to ticketise the TID where it makes sense to do so
  • Mike to raise discussion ticket for project board re: WG team and integration
  • Mike to raise ticket on Dom re: PML data formats and CSML I/O