wiki:WorkingGrid/Meeting/June06

Version 1 (modified by mggr, 13 years ago) (diff)

intermediate save

Working Grid Meeting notes: 06 May 2006

Present: Sue, Phil, Bryan, Helen, Fabio, Siva, Mike.

Agenda items

Agenda

Actions from last meeting

(items marked as done on the agenda weren't discussed)

  • Sue to test GCMD namespace (ticket:227)
    • Bryan's browser has been using MOLES with this namespace without problems
    • BODC used this namespace too, so OAI is probably ok - close ticket?
  • Sue to ask Kev about granules in MOLES 1.2.5 (including raising tickets if needed)
    • done, various tickets raised
  • Sue to add NOCS OAI harvesting
    • done, but on the last attempt, NOCS' OAI provider didn't respond - NOCS to investigate
    • Mike to send info on 2.4 kernel issues.

Status updates

  • Tagging alpha "release" (in progress, ticket:201)
  • MOLES + CSML status (brief - any changes since metadata meeting?)
  • Security (PML ticket:212)
  • Did we hit the alpha target? Last meeting defined it as:
    1. some sites (probably BODC) providing linked MOLES and CSML
    2. discovery portal harvesting DIFs and allowing browse through to MOLES
    3. MOLES browse allowing "data access" (ie. returning CSML fragments, not live data)
    4. Above done with security if possible

Brief ticket review

Discussion points

  • Post-Alpha forward planning (review last half of wiki:T10_WorkingGrid)
  • wiki:T11_ClientPackage - this looks like a final item (beta+) and no tickets raised (directly) on it - if it's the "release" build and thus affects WG/DP, it might need more planning/integration?

Issues/possible problems

  • Any issues or comments we should raise for the project board/all hands?
  • Any planned DP internal upgrades that might adversely affect NDG?

Tasks

  • Set date for next meeting
    • Tack on to the end of the metadata team meeting (2nd August)?
    • Or a separate meeting (suggest trying to stagger meetings, so maybe w/c 14th August)?

Issues

  • Collect schedule of planned DP upgrades (ticket:242)
    • NOCS to move server in ~2 months
    • BODC to move off livglue in a few months

Date for next meeting

Tagged onto the end of the metadata team meeting, which is 2nd August 1400-1600, so the WG part will (hopefully) be 1600-1700.

Actions