Changes between Version 3 and Version 4 of WorkingGrid/Meeting/June06


Ignore:
Timestamp:
30/06/06 10:39:33 (13 years ago)
Author:
mggr
Comment:

intermediate save

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • WorkingGrid/Meeting/June06

    v3 v4  
    3232== Discussions == 
    3333 * Post-Alpha forward planning (review last half of wiki:T10_WorkingGrid) 
    34    * Leaving for PB/AH to plan - will make modifications as appropriate 
     34   * Leaving for Project Board/All-Hands to plan - will make modifications as appropriate 
     35   * Bryan commented that the Pre-Alpha milestone was too close to Alpha for any significant fixes to be made.  For beta, we should aim to have the working version by Pre-Beta. 
    3536 * ''wiki:T11_ClientPackage - this looks like a final item (beta+) and no tickets raised (directly) on it - if it's the "release" build and thus affects WG/DP, it might need more planning/integration?'' 
    3637   * (clarification for Mike) This package is not the Data Provider package - it's the basic documentation and APIs needed to use NDG programmatically. 
     38 
     39=== Non-agenda discussions === 
     40Noting these as they were probably more useful than the agenda ones ;) 
     41 
    3742 * Security 
    3843   * Phil wanted to work on getting DPs to have a working login system, arranging technical meeting (Mon, 3 July 2006 11:00-12:30) to discuss implementation (cf. #383) 
     44   * Suggestion that we need a (better?) "how to be NDG-secure" document, as this seems to be an area of significant interest to outside parties. 
     45 * OAI 
     46   * There are some issues with deletion of records working correctly - the only way Siva could do it was to clean and rebuild the index manually.  Sue to raise ticket for investigation. 
     47 * MOLES/CSML (+ISO?) link ups 
     48   * Some discussion on the best way to generate MOLES and CSML to ensure that the data (particularly granules) link up correctly.  Bryan suggested that MOLES should be generated from CSML (ticketed somewhere already).  Helen suggested we made a best practice guide. 
     49   * Markup in MOLES is currently impossible - Bryan would like xlink integrated into the schema and possibly an indication of whether a link should be embedded or external (for display in browse) 
     50 * Documentation 
     51   * Bryan suggested that it would be useful for the AH meeting if people write mini how-to's describing what they know and how to get to where they are.  In addition to these showing what we don't know enough about, these may help form the basis of some more formal how-to documentation.  The suggested place to put these would be on a wiki page under the WG package.  Bryan to send email asking people to do this. 
    3952 
    4053== Issues/possible problems == 
    4154  
    42  * Any issues or comments we should raise for the project board/all hands? 
    43  * Any planned DP internal upgrades that might adversely affect NDG? 
     55 * ''Any planned DP internal upgrades that might adversely affect NDG?'' 
    4456   * NOCS noted that their server upgrade is due soon (#326) 
    45    * RSDAS (PML) due to partially merge websites with Dundee satellite receiving station in the next few months - possible knock on effects due to changes to authentication (Mike to investigate and raise ticket if it's likely to cause problems). 
     57   * RSDAS (PML) due to partially merge websites with Dundee satellite receiving station in the next few months - possible knock on effects due to changes to authentication (Mike to investigate and raise ticket if it may cause problems - raised #390). 
    4658   * BODC planning to upgrade Tomcat (from 5.0 to 5.5), which may affect OAI (and eXist?) 
    4759     * PML running dlese OAI on Tomcat 5.5 successfully already 
    4860     * BADC running Tomcat 4.x and may upgrade at some point too? 
    49       
    5061 
    5162= Tasks = 
    52  * Set date for next meeting 
    53    * Tack on to the end of the metadata team meeting (2nd August)? 
    54    * Or a separate meeting (suggest trying to stagger meetings, so maybe w/c 14th August)? 
     63 * ''Set date for next meeting'' 
     64   * To reduce meeting overlap, the next WG meeting will follow on from the end of the metadata team meeting, which is 2nd August, 1400-1600 (extend this to 1700). 
    5565 
    56  
    57  
    58  
    59 = Date for next meeting = 
    60 Tagged onto the end of the metadata team meeting, which is 2nd August 1400-1600, so the WG part will (hopefully) be 1600-1700. 
    61  
    62 = Actions =  
     66= List of actions =