Changes between Version 1 and Version 2 of WorkingGrid/Meeting/June06


Ignore:
Timestamp:
29/06/06 18:09:19 (13 years ago)
Author:
mggr
Comment:

intermediate save

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • WorkingGrid/Meeting/June06

    v1 v2  
    88== Actions from last meeting == 
    99(items marked as done on the agenda weren't discussed) 
    10  * Sue to test GCMD namespace (ticket:227) 
    11    * ''Bryan's browser has been using MOLES with this namespace without problems'' 
    12    * ''BODC used this namespace too, so OAI is probably ok - close ticket?'' 
    13  * Sue to ask Kev about granules in MOLES 1.2.5 (including raising tickets if needed) 
    14    * ''done, various tickets raised'' 
    15  * Sue to add NOCS OAI harvesting 
    16    * ''done, but on the last attempt, NOCS' OAI provider didn't respond - NOCS to investigate'' 
    17    * Mike to send info on 2.4 kernel issues. 
     10 * ''Sue to test GCMD namespace (#227)'' 
     11   * Bryan's browser has been using MOLES with this namespace without problems 
     12   * BODC used this namespace too, so OAI is probably ok - close ticket? 
     13 * ''Sue to ask Kev about granules in MOLES 1.2.5 (including raising tickets if needed)'' 
     14   * done, various tickets raised 
     15 * ''Sue to add NOCS OAI harvesting'' 
     16   * done, but on the last attempt, NOCS' OAI provider didn't respond - NOCS will check 
     17   * Mike to send info on 2.4 kernel + OAI instability issues 
    1818 
    1919== Status updates == 
    20  * Tagging alpha "release" (in progress, ticket:201) 
    21  * MOLES + CSML status (brief - any changes since metadata meeting?) 
    22  * Security (PML ticket:212) 
    23  * Did we hit the alpha target?  Last meeting defined it as: 
    24    1. some sites (probably BODC) providing linked MOLES and CSML 
    25    1. discovery portal harvesting DIFs and allowing browse through to MOLES 
    26    1. MOLES browse allowing "data access" (ie. returning CSML fragments, not live data) 
    27    1. Above done with security if possible  
     20 * ''Tagging alpha "release" (in progress, #201)'' 
     21   * Security and CSML tagged, delivery and DX/GS aiming to tag by All Hands. 
     22 * ''MOLES + CSML status (brief - any changes since metadata meeting?)'' 
     23   * Helen has been working on this - had a productive meeting with Kev and will hopefully get some additional documentation on what particular elements mean from it (possibly just in the schema) 
     24 * ''PML security (#212)'' 
     25   * Mike still needs to write authentication plugin, Phil+Mike will probably upgrade PML security install to alpha codebase 
     26 * ''Did we hit the alpha target?'' 
     27   * Bryan described Go-ESSP demo as very successful (despite no internet access). Will demo at All Hands meeting. 
    2828 
    29 == Brief ticket review == 
    30  * [http://proj.badc.rl.ac.uk/ndg/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&&component=T10_Working_Grid&component=T13_Data_Provider&group=milestone Link to WG/DP tickets by milestone] 
    31  * [http://proj.badc.rl.ac.uk/ndg/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&group=milestone&component=%21T10_Working_Grid&component=%21T13_Data_Provider&summary=%7E%5BWG%5D&summary=%7E%5BDP%5D&order=id Link to tickets mentioning WG/DP (but not in WG/DP packages)] 
     29 * ''Brief ticket review'' 
     30   * changes made to tickets #314, #142, others left for PB/AH meeting or until later. 
     31 
    3232 
    3333== Discussion points == 
     
    3636 
    3737== Issues/possible problems == 
     38 * Security: Phil wanted to work on getting DPs to have a working login system, arranging technical meeting (Mon, 3 July 2006 11:00-12:30) to discuss implementation (cf. #383) 
     39  
    3840 * Any issues or comments we should raise for the project board/all hands? 
    3941 * Any planned DP internal upgrades that might adversely affect NDG? 
     42   * NOCS noted that their server upgrade is due soon (#326) 
     43   * RSDAS (PML) due to partially merge websites with Dundee satellite receiving station in the next few months - possible knock on effects due to changes to authentication (Mike to investigate and raise ticket if it's likely to cause problems). 
     44   * BODC planning to upgrade Tomcat (from 5.0 to 5.5), which may affect OAI (and eXist?) 
     45     * PML running dlese OAI on Tomcat 5.5 successfully already 
     46     * BADC running Tomcat 4.x and may upgrade at some point too? 
     47      
    4048 
    4149= Tasks = 
     
    4654 
    4755 
    48 = Issues = 
    49  * Collect schedule of planned DP upgrades (ticket:242) 
    50    * NOCS to move server in ~2 months 
    51    * BODC to move off livglue in a few months 
    5256 
    5357= Date for next meeting =