Changes between Version 2 and Version 3 of WorkingGrid/Meeting/December06


Ignore:
Timestamp:
12/12/06 18:13:47 (13 years ago)
Author:
mggr
Comment:

--

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • WorkingGrid/Meeting/December06

    v2 v3  
    88 
    99== List of actions == 
    10  * Nudges to all to update DP pages if needed 
     10 * All DPs to update their [wiki:WorkingGrid/DataProviderSetup setup pages] as needed (PML, BADC, BODC?, NOCS) 
     11 * Sue to ask Phil for a loose estimate of availability of an updated NDG security install to help with DP planning (ie. roughly January or March+). 
     12 * Dom to see if the browse service provides appropriate secured access to CSML to meet DS/DX needs 
     13 * Sue to raise delivery service to project board/AH for discussion ('''done, #613''') 
     14 * Stephen to send Helen notes on the current status of eggification 
     15 * Helen to give us all another nudge on documentation 
     16 
     17Optional: 
    1118 * Try installing browse if anyone gets the time (and the Bryan) 
    12    * [wiki:WorkingGrid/DataProviderSetup] page up to date? 
    13    * Sue thinks that the browse service may provide this functionality - Dom to check? 
    14  
    15 Sue to ask Phil for a loose estimate of availability of an updated NDG security install to help with DP planning (ie. January or more like March). 
    16  
    17 (delv)   * Sue to raise to project board/AH for discussion  
    1819 
    1920= Notes from meeting = 
     
    2526== Status updates == 
    2627Points of note: 
    27  * PML: Some work on security, now mostly waiting on newer security install.  Working on getting updated MOLES available (soon).  Updated eXist to 1.1.2. 
    28  * BADC: New MOLES catalogue implemented, people trained, population aimed for March.  Otherwise mostly working on MDIP/discovery stuff.  
     28 * PML: Some work on security, now mostly waiting on newer security install.  Working on getting updated MOLES available (soon).  Updated eXist to 1.1.2.  DP page needs update. 
     29 * BADC: New MOLES catalogue implemented, people trained, population aimed for March.  Otherwise mostly working on MDIP/discovery stuff.  DP page correct but needs additional input. 
    2930 * BODC: Advised to wait for new security install for production machine.  Roy restructuring MOLES backend database (mid Jan). New OAI & eXist on development server. 
    30  * NOCS: Lots of backend work on restructuring metadata database - now capable of generating MOLES & DIF (some queries on specific elements to resolve), likely to generate records soon, but not in the 1000s.  Alpha security in place, pre-alpha login code still around, but not tweaked yet - probably wait for new security install. 
     31 * NOCS: Lots of backend work on restructuring metadata database - now capable of generating MOLES & DIF (some queries on specific elements to resolve), likely to generate records soon, but not in the 1000s.  Alpha security in place, pre-alpha login code still around, but not tweaked yet - probably wait for new security install.  DP page needs update. 
    3132 
    3233''Brief ticket review'' 
    3334 * Nothing especially stood out - everyone knows what they're doing.  The main issues seem to be CSML2, MOLES (and other) population and (sometime) new security.  Browse was also discussed a bit, with interest from several parties for local installs. 
     35 
     36---------------- 
    3437 
    3538== Discussion points == 
     
    4851Dom emailed in an update on CSML2, included verbatim here: 
    4952{{{ 
    50 The V2 schema is more or less finished, but no sample instance documents have been created yet. This is a process Andrew wants to do with data providers (probably via email) and as a result of this the schema may change slightly but not too much I hope. Andrew is away at an OGC meeting this week so he won't get anything done on this before next week at the earliest. 
     53The V2 schema is more or less finished, but no sample instance documents 
     54have been created yet. This is a process Andrew wants to do with data 
     55providers (probably via email) and as a result of this the schema may 
     56change slightly but not too much I hope. Andrew is away at an OGC 
     57meeting this week so he won't get anything done on this before next 
     58week at the earliest. 
    5159 
    52 I've written a new parser for V2 CSML. So far it only handles GridSeries and Point features. However the way I've written it means that it's quicker to add classes now, so I hope to get all features supported in the next couple of weeks. However the risk is that this is dependent on any revisions Andrew makes to the schema. 
     60I've written a new parser for V2 CSML. So far it only handles GridSeries 
     61and Point features. However the way I've written it means that it's 
     62quicker to add classes now, so I hope to get all features supported in 
     63the next couple of weeks. However the risk is that this is dependent on 
     64any revisions Andrew makes to the schema. 
    5365 
    54 There is therefore a worry that this will once again mean things are tight for Ag for integration with the Data Extractor. For this reason perhaps it's better that I concentrate on full parser/scanner/API support for GridSeries features only and then finish everything post-Beta for other features? This way we would have something working 'end to end' for Beta, and we could make sure the schema is properly finalised before writing too much code? Anyway, that's a discussion you might want to have. 
     66There is therefore a worry that this will once again mean things are 
     67tight for Ag for integration with the Data Extractor. For this reason 
     68perhaps it's better that I concentrate on full parser/scanner/API support 
     69for GridSeries features only and then finish everything post-Beta for 
     70other features? This way we would have something working 'end to end' for 
     71Beta, and we could make sure the schema is properly finalised before 
     72writing too much code? Anyway, that's a discussion you might want to have. 
    5573}}} 
    5674 * Waiting on draft schemas/contact from Andrew 
     
    5876 
    5977=== HDF read methods === 
    60  * re: blocker ticket #187 and access to HDF files 
     78 * ''re: blocker ticket #187 and access to HDF files'' 
    6179   * Fabio away, but will look at the ticket later 
    6280   * Some discussion on available libraries.  Helen thinks they're likely to use their existing Fortran interface (and wrap it?). 
     
    7088http://proj.badc.rl.ac.uk/ndg/ticket/283 
    7189 
    72 I think we've agreed to store our CSML in eXist, but we need NDG-secured access. I.e. a service that fetches a CSML file from exist, checks the user credentials against the access control policy (stored in the CSML document) and returns the file if the user has the authority to read it. 
     90I think we've agreed to store our CSML in eXist, but we need NDG-secured 
     91access. I.e. a service that fetches a CSML file from exist, checks the 
     92user credentials against the access control policy (stored in the CSML 
     93document) and returns the file if the user has the authority to read it. 
    7394 
    74 My WG question is this: can the discovery service WS Matt has written be extended for this, or do we need to write a separate interface? The service just needs to return whole documents based on ID (and I suppose it doesn't have to be a Web Service). 
     95My WG question is this: can the discovery service WS Matt has written be 
     96extended for this, or do we need to write a separate interface? The 
     97service just needs to return whole documents based on ID (and I suppose 
     98it doesn't have to be a Web Service). 
    7599}}} 
    76100 
    77101=== Documentation === 
    78  * Helen noted there has been little/no activity in response to documentation team questions raised at the last all-hands, in particular the issue of what components belong in what logical "bundles" 
     102 * Helen noted there has been little/no activity in response to documentation team questions raised at the last all-hands, in particular the issue of which components belong in which logical "bundles" (types of DP) 
     103   * Stephen to send Helen notes on the current status of eggification 
     104   * Helen to give us all another nudge on documentation 
    79105 
    80 = Tasks = 
    81  * Set date for next meeting (maybe use AH meeting to cover?) 
     106---------------- 
    82107 
    83108== Issues/possible problems == 
    84  * Delivery service 
     109 * ''Delivery service'' 
    85110   * Sue to raise to project board/AH for discussion 
    86111 
    87   
    88112= Tasks = 
    89113 * ''Set date for next meeting''