Changes between Version 1 and Version 2 of WorkingGrid/Meeting/December06


Ignore:
Timestamp:
12/12/06 17:47:17 (13 years ago)
Author:
mggr
Comment:

--

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • WorkingGrid/Meeting/December06

    v1 v2  
    1111 * Try installing browse if anyone gets the time (and the Bryan) 
    1212   * [wiki:WorkingGrid/DataProviderSetup] page up to date? 
     13   * Sue thinks that the browse service may provide this functionality - Dom to check? 
     14 
     15Sue to ask Phil for a loose estimate of availability of an updated NDG security install to help with DP planning (ie. January or more like March). 
     16 
     17(delv)   * Sue to raise to project board/AH for discussion  
    1318 
    1419= Notes from meeting = 
     
    4146=== CSML 2 status === 
    4247 
     48Dom emailed in an update on CSML2, included verbatim here: 
     49{{{ 
     50The V2 schema is more or less finished, but no sample instance documents have been created yet. This is a process Andrew wants to do with data providers (probably via email) and as a result of this the schema may change slightly but not too much I hope. Andrew is away at an OGC meeting this week so he won't get anything done on this before next week at the earliest. 
    4351 
    44 === Other discussions === 
    45    * ref. Dom's email for status & hdf ticket (#187) question 
     52I've written a new parser for V2 CSML. So far it only handles GridSeries and Point features. However the way I've written it means that it's quicker to add classes now, so I hope to get all features supported in the next couple of weeks. However the risk is that this is dependent on any revisions Andrew makes to the schema. 
    4653 
    47    * Dom asks, re: #283 and external NDG-secured access to CSML documents, can the discovery service WS be extended to cope with this requirement or do we need a new interface? 
    48  * Delivery service (raise for AH?) 
     54There is therefore a worry that this will once again mean things are tight for Ag for integration with the Data Extractor. For this reason perhaps it's better that I concentrate on full parser/scanner/API support for GridSeries features only and then finish everything post-Beta for other features? This way we would have something working 'end to end' for Beta, and we could make sure the schema is properly finalised before writing too much code? Anyway, that's a discussion you might want to have. 
     55}}} 
     56 * Waiting on draft schemas/contact from Andrew 
     57 * Complete parser support probably mainly a BADC decision, but Dom's suggestion sounds best 
     58 
     59=== HDF read methods === 
     60 * re: blocker ticket #187 and access to HDF files 
     61   * Fabio away, but will look at the ticket later 
     62   * Some discussion on available libraries.  Helen thinks they're likely to use their existing Fortran interface (and wrap it?). 
     63   * OCCAM HDFs may be "impure" - possibly missing some metadata fields in the HDFs (available outside/a priori), so any read methods may not be useful for non-OCCAM HDFs. 
     64 
     65=== Secured external access to CSML documents === 
     66 * Dom asked, re: #283 and external NDG-secured access to CSML documents, can the discovery service WS be extended to cope with this requirement or do we need a new interface? (verbatim text below) 
     67   * Sue thinks that the browse service may provide this functionality - Dom to check? 
     68{{{ 
     69[WG] Should CSML (for BADC) be stored in eXist or in file system? 
     70http://proj.badc.rl.ac.uk/ndg/ticket/283 
     71 
     72I think we've agreed to store our CSML in eXist, but we need NDG-secured access. I.e. a service that fetches a CSML file from exist, checks the user credentials against the access control policy (stored in the CSML document) and returns the file if the user has the authority to read it. 
     73 
     74My WG question is this: can the discovery service WS Matt has written be extended for this, or do we need to write a separate interface? The service just needs to return whole documents based on ID (and I suppose it doesn't have to be a Web Service). 
     75}}} 
     76 
     77=== Documentation === 
     78 * Helen noted there has been little/no activity in response to documentation team questions raised at the last all-hands, in particular the issue of what components belong in what logical "bundles" 
    4979 
    5080= Tasks = 
    5181 * Set date for next meeting (maybe use AH meeting to cover?) 
    5282 
     83== Issues/possible problems == 
     84 * Delivery service 
     85   * Sue to raise to project board/AH for discussion 
    5386 
    54  * CSML 2 availability 
    55  * Query on CSML read methods and accessing data in CSML document (Mike to ticket) 
    56  * Issue of 1000s of PML MOLES records - Sue said to try it and see if it kills anything or is unusable. 
    57  
    58 == Issues/possible problems == 
    59  * ''Any planned DP internal upgrades that might adversely affect NDG'' 
    60    * PML having internet link issues 
    61  * ''Other issues'' 
    62  
     87  
    6388= Tasks = 
    6489 * ''Set date for next meeting'' 
    65    * Tacked on to the end of the metadata meeting 12/Dec. 
     90   * Following the metadata team's lead, evaluate the need for a meeting after the AH