wiki:WorkingGrid/Meeting/August06

Version 3 (modified by mggr, 13 years ago) (diff)

knew it wasn't the last edit ;)

Working Grid Meeting notes: 02 August 2006

Present: Sue, Phil, Dom, Bryan, Helen, Fabio, Siva, Mike (in voice at least).

Agenda

List of actions

  • Mike still needs to write authentication plugin (#212)
  • Adoption of vocab. stuff (#416) - Siva and Mike to chase up Michael.
  • DP setup pages populated by BODC, PML, NOCS. Mike to ticket Sue to organise BADC description.
  • Mike and Sue to close or move WG tickets with expired milestones
  • Mike to create tickets for DPs to install software.
    • Bryan to email instructions for local installs of MOLES browse as many people are interested. (#477)
    • https is a requirement for cross domain cookie solution - DPs should install/configure as needed.
  • CSML read methods as a requirement for system integration milestone: Dom to lead on this.
  • PML updated their MOLES database - Mike to post schema to the list for general interest.

Next meeting:

  • Mike away for the likely timeframe of the next meeting. Sue to organise. (done, set for 19 Sept, 14:00-15:00, RAL AG

Notes from meeting

Actions from last meeting

(items marked as done on the agenda weren't discussed)

  • Mike still needs to write authentication plugin (#212)
    • Mike to do this by the end of next week or buying a round of wine at the next all hands

Status updates

  • Security: login code (cross domain cookie workaround)
    • Phil still looking into authenticating the requester
    • Not implemented anywhere outside BADC yet
    • https is a requirement - DPs should install/configure as needed.

Brief ticket review

  • Nothing especially urgent/interesting stood out. Currently in a taking-stock and updating phase.
  • Mike (Pete) and Sue to close or move tickets with expired milestones.

Discussion points

  • Adoption of vocab. stuff (#416) (possible overlap with metadata meeting here)
    • Some work on documenting this is underway, but is currently on webservers held inside the BODC firewall. Siva and Mike to chase up Michael.
  • All-Hands meeting agreed that DPs should be running alpha versions of security, dx, browse, database, etc, by external prod milestone (end of Oct). #201 has a list of tagged items.
    • BADC holding a code review 8th August, which should sort out a number of internal issues, but also standardise the NDG python install. Hold off on worrying about installs until after this review is complete.
    • Bryan to email instructions for local installs of alpha MOLES browse as many people are interested.
    • Getting DX working might be an issue as Ag will be away working on another contract for a month soon.
    • Create tickets for DPs to install software.

Non-agenda discussions

  • DP setup pages populated by BODC, PML, NOCS. Ticket Sue to organise BADC description.
  • CSML read methods as a requirement for system integration milestone:
    • Dom to lead on this.
    • Siva has done some work on it already.

Issues/possible problems

  • Any planned DP internal upgrades that might adversely affect NDG
    • PML updated their MOLES database - Mike to post schema to the list for general interest.
    • BODC server upgrade (#327) likely to happen at the end of the month
    • NOCS server upgrade (#326) likely to happen soon also
    • BADC planning to update OAI (to v3) and eXist in the next few weeks. Likely to be an impact on discovery.
  • Other issues
    • DX might be an issue as Ag will be away working on another contract for a month soon.
    • Mike away for most of September. PML has a new sandwich student (Mark Henning) that will be spending some time on NDG.

Tasks

  • Set date for next meeting
    • Mike away for the likely timeframe of the next meeting. Sue to organise, targetting approximately 18th Sept.