Version 17 (modified by selatham, 14 years ago) (diff)


4th April 2007

  1. Discovery status update.
  2. Objectives for Roy at April 19 MDIP meeting.
  3. Status, clarification and action plan for implementing ServiceBinding.
  4. Date of next meeting (who's away Easter week?)

28th February 2007

  1. Part of the Discovery refactoring is the change across to the official vocab namespaces. This means that all MOLES producers should use these.

14th February 2007

  1. Mod_Python status at SOC?
  2. Completion of SystemStatus page?
  3. Status of MOLES refactoring and ticket destruction?
  4. Status of ServiceBinding?

7th February 2007

  1. Working Grid
    1. Information Status
      1. Where is everyone in their metadata production?
    2. Status and Plans for MOLES
      1. Now that glue has discovery  up, we find that the mini-MOLES conversion have a lot of problems. For examples:
        1. Location keywords become paleo whatsits. (see any NEODC record before and after)
        2. Parameters do not survive the conversion. (see any record).
        3. Actions required: everyone to look at docs and advise Kev on specific problems (this week). Kev to refactor xqueries to support easier adjustment (this week). Kev to fix as many as possible by next week.
    3. Status and plans for discovery
      1. Need to get service binding sorted, ensure MOLES can support it, and ensure that the transformations keep it, then, and only then, will work on browse.
      2. Actions: Bryan to provide service binding final decision (this week).
      3. Status of FastCGI at data providers?
  2. Documentation:
    1. Status of the two-pager. Bryan has provided a revised version to Helen. What next?

Meeting Outcomes

  1. Bryan to finalise ServiceBinding (this week)
  2. Bryan to produce a table of metadata and system status for updating by all parties (DONE)
  3. Bryan to investigate wsgi and mod_python to avoid fastcgi problems at soc (and probably elsewhere). Other options include proxying to lightpd or something else. (DONE, mod_python should be ok, see comment on ticket:639)
  4. Kevin to complete refactoring of xqueries into exist libraries (this week)
  5. All to provide examples of problems with lossy conversions into or out of MOLES (we expect lossy conversion out of MOLES where MOLES has more than the output format, but where the MOLES content ought to end up in the output, we need to tell Kev about it). All problems to be raised as specific tickets. (this week and ongoing)
  6. Sue to get MDIP examples into the discovery exist (this week)
  7. Kev to fix as many of the ticketed problems as possible next week, prioritising any MDIP ones (by next meeting)
  8. Helen to ring Bryan re QUEST and the two-pager (asap).
  9. Sue and Bryan to further investigate memory problems in the discovery ingestion.